Friday, November 18, 2011

Sophomore Reading Challenge 2012

It's time to get signed up for your 2012 challenges!  I've already signed up for the 2012 Debut Author Challenge, hosted by The Story Siren and have a ginormous list for it (my post).  The Sophomore Reading Challenge, hosted by Chick Loves Lit, is another must-do.  Why?  Because there are so many newish authors who are releasing their 2nd book in 2012, and I am SO excited!

So- if you are as exited as I am, head over to Chick Loves Lit and sign up to play along!  As for my list... I'm sure it will grow, as my reading lists always tend to do, but I've put together a solid start!  

  • A Million Suns by Beth Revis~ Loved Across the Universe (read my review HERE).  Can't wait for it's sequel.  January 10th, Razorbill.
  • The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour~ Road trip stories rock!  That's all.  February 16th, Dutton Juvenile.
  • Fever by Lauren DeStefano~ I ADORED Wither (read my review HERE).  I am so eager to get on with the story!  One of my most anticipated reads of 2012!  February 21st, Simon & Schuster BFYR.
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth~ Divergent was a real treat (read my review HERE). If the story improves as much as the cover did, I will be a super-happy girl!  May 1st, Katherine Tegen Books.
  • Revived by Cat Patrick~ Her debut novel, Forgotten, was excellent (read my review HERE), so I have no doubt this will be as well! May 8th, Little, Brown BFYR.
  • First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky~ Her debut, Awaken, was great (read my review HERE).  This unrelated book, and Awaken's sequel, Middle Ground, both release in 2012, but this one is first, sooo... May 8th, Houghton Mifflin Books for Children.
  • Dreamless by Josephine Angelini~ This book's predecessor, Starcrossed,  was so good (read my review HERE).  Also, the covers for both books are beyond beautiful. May 29th, HarperTeen.
  • The White Glove War by Katie Crouch~ The Magnolia League was her first YA/MG novel, so I believe this counts... A witch story that takes place in Savannah.  Pure win (read my review HERE)!  July 3rd, Poppy.
  • Surrender by Elana Johnson~ Book one, Possession, was very intriguing and left a lot of questions (read my review HERE).  Looking forward to answers! June 5th, Simon Pulse.
  • Timepiece by Myra McEntire~ Hourglass was one of my favorite books of 2011 (read my review HERE) and I have super high hopes for this one.  June 12th, EgmontUSA.
  • Arise by Tara Hudson~ Hereafter was awesome (read my review HERE)!  I can't imagine this story will go wrong.  July 5th, HarperCollins Children's.
  • Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin~ Ashfall was one of the best reads I've had all year (read my review HERE).  Mike Mullin's writing is flawless. High hopes for Ashen Winter!  Tanglewood Press, October, 2012
  • Bad Hair Day by Carrie Harris~ I just read Bad Taste In Boys and it was very fun (read my review HERE). Can't wait to read book #2.  November 13th, Delacorte Books for Young Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO