Saturday, November 12, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday (18)

In My Mailbox (IMM) was started by The Story Siren a few years back, and is a great way for bloggers to give the books they are reading (or are planning to read) a quick mention.  I've been slack in doing the weekly memes lately, but life has been busy.  Also, the plague has gone through my house...  I've gotten a lot of great stuff over the past few weeks, so I'm only highlighting the best of it this week.


Triangles
By Ellen Hopkins
Publisher: Atria
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011
Source: Purchase
Goodreads Synopsis
While not technically a YA title, it IS by the master of YA, Ellen Hopkins.  I'm really excited to read this!




Beautiful Chaos

By Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Little, Brown BFYR
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011
Source: Purchase
So excited to read this final chapter of The Caster Chronicles.  Super sad I had to miss Ya'll Fest this weekend because of the plague...



By Gemma Halliday
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: October 11th, 2011
Source: Library
I will read this on cover alone.  Isn't it fabulous?





By Beth Kephart
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Publication Date: October 25th, 2011
Source: Library
This looks like such a haunting, gut-wrenching read.  I have a feeling it's going to be a real tear-jerker.




By Lia Habel
Publisher: Del Rey
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011
Source: Library
Victorian era zombies?  A series titled, "Gone With the Respiration"? I'm so in!




By Jocelyn Davies
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: September 27th, 2011
Source: Purchase
I've been looking forward to reading this for awhile.  Fabulous cover, rave reviews!  Sounds like it's made of win!




By Kathy Reichs
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011
Source: Purchase
I loved Virals, this book's predecessor, so I've been looking forward to this.  I have my degree in genetics, so this kind of thing always fascinates me!



By Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011
Source: Library
I didn't love the Wolves of Mercy Falls books, but I did like Maggie's writing, so I'm giving this a shot.  Sounds great!




By Jodi Meadows
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: January 31st, 2012
Source: ARC/NetGalley
I was so excited to get approved for this on NetGalley because I can't wait to read it.  And the cover?  Stunning!




By Brodi Ashton
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: January 24th, 2012
Source: ARC/ NetGalley
My most anticipated debut author novel of 2012.  Also, probably the most beautiful cover of 2012, so far.




By Elisa Ludwig
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: March 13th, 2012
Source: ARC/ NetGalley
I'm buddy-reading this with Emma right now and it is super-cute.  I think I am going to have much love for this book!




By Megan Miranda
Publisher: Walker & Company
Publication Date: January 17th, 2012
Source: ARC/ NetGalley
So excited to read this book!  I've heard that if you liked If I Stay and Where She Went, that you'll love this.




By Julianna Baggott
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date: February 8th, 2012
Source: ARC/ NetGalley
I loved her book The Everbreath, and am so looking forward to reading this one.  Also, it has a beautiful cover.

26 comments:

  1. WOW! Awesome IMM!!! I'm really looking forward to reading Fracture. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Everneath, The Scorpio Races and Dearly, Departed. Triangles was good too! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to bust into my Incarnate and Fracture! Good haul this week!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome we both got Incarnate and Pretty Crooked! ;) Dearly, Departed is also really fun!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many awesome books! We seem to have nearly identical taste :-) I just posted my review of Triangles, and it's amazing, but it will rip your heart out, so make sure you're in an emotionally stable place when you read it!

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books.

    Audrey
    Bibliosaurus Text

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! you really did get a bunch of awesome books!! READ THE SCORPIO RACES ASAP!!!!! I want fracture so badly! Im gonna request it later when I lower my pile!

    happy reading! muah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lot of nice 2012 titles! I've never actually heard of Everneath but the cover is definitely the prettiest I've seen :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOnderful lot of reading!

    I am rather eager to read Dearly Departed!

    Have a great day!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Epic mailbox! I LOVED Dearly Departed, and I've just started The Scorpio Races and it's great so far! Incarnate and Everneath look amazing! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you should have seen how fast I raced to NetGalley to request some of these that I missed! Happy Reading!
    -Heather@BookStacksOnDeck
    My IMM...

    ReplyDelete
  11. O_O

    *brings in a giant bag*

    *piles books in bag*

    *exits*

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mailbox! I've either read or will be reading (soon) most of these. Only exceptions are Triangles, You Are My Only and Seizure! Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great books you have to read! Jealous you got a few 2012 titles that I'm dying to read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many amazing books this week! I think I want more than half the ones you posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your books look AWESOME this week. I hope you enjoy them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so curious about Deadly Cool and A Beautiful Dark! And yay, you have plenty of books I have waiting to read and am dying to try! Pure, Dearly Departed, Everneath and Incarnate! :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! You got some good ones! I loved Dearly Departed! And I'm getting Beautiful Chaos, it just got signed yesterday and my friend is going to mail it to me. I'm anxious to read Seizure too but I'll have to get it from the library so it may be awhile (it's okay, I have plenty to read!). You had an amazing book week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many fabulous books :) Enjoy all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful chaos isn't the last book but it is good :)
    I've never read anything by Ellen Hopkins but I've heard great things and I am wanting to.
    I wasn't a big fan of a beautiful dark to be honest but I have 'you are my only' and 'deadly cool' to read to and I'm excited for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to read Pretty Crooked! I read Elisa's self published book June of Rock and it is so good, you should definitely read that one. I also did an interview with Elisa if you're interested here.

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey karis, great books this week. I think Incarnate looks amazing. I hope you enjoy them all this week.

    Check out my IMM here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great books - lots of fab NetGalley picks! I adored Dearly, Departed. Favorite of the year!!

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi, Karis. Great haul this week! I have a lot of the ones you've featured, though I think I've only read about half of that number. You may be happy to know that there will be one more book in the Caster Chronicles series. Enjoy all of your new reads and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I loved Triangles--very different from Ellen's YA stuff, but similar at the same time LOL I was really looking forward to You Are My Only, too, but sadly I didn't enjoy it that much--I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So jealous! I've been dying to read Deadly Cool for ages and Dearly, Departed, A Beautiful Dark, Incarnate, The Scorpio Races, and Fracture look amazing!

    Have fun reading these and thank you for your comment on my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of good books this week! I loved Triangles! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO