Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WWW (18) and Waiting on Wednesday (November 9th, 2011) Double Feature

W. W. W. Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading a great blog that I subscribe to. Here's how it works... Each Wednesday I will answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you'll read next?



These past few weeks have been phenomenal as far as books are concerned.  I've read one five-star book after another, and they just keep right on coming.  If this trend keeps up, people are going to think that I don't even read books, and just give them all five-star ratings (I totally DO read the books!)...

What are you currently reading?


The Near Witch by Victoria Schawb~ This book is just made of win.  If you have been meaning to pick this one up, and haven't, do it.  You won't regret it!
The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern~ This has been on my TBR for ages with all its fantabulous reviews and now I'm finally reading it, and so far, it's very good.  Whether or not it lives up to its "best book ever" honor so many bloggers remains to be seen, but I'm not seeing that yet.
The Maze Runner by James Dashner~ This is a re-read.  I've been trying to get my daughter to read it for ages.  We went to a James Dashner signing, and suddenly she's interested, so we're buddy reading it (then The Scorch Trials, then The Death Cure).


What did you recently finish reading?


Bad Taste In Boys by Carrie Harris~ Just finished this one this morning, and I thought it was great.  It wasn't literary genius or anything, but it was a fine bit of humor and zombie action.  I laughed a lot, and that's always a good thing!
Love Story by Jennifer Echols~ This was my 1st book by this author, and I was impressed.  Romance isn't my favorite genre. but I do enjoy a good one from time to time.  Love Story was very sweet with quite a lot of sexy.
Blood Wounds by Susan Beth Pfeffer~ Not at all what I expected but very good.  The story drew me in and held me tightly.  This ended up being a one day read for me because I found it so real and riveting.
Crossed by Ally Condie~ One word.  Love!  Matched was great, Crossed was even better.  I can't wait to tell Ally how much I loved it when I go to her signing at Little Shop of Stories tomorrow night!



What do you think you'll read next?


The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch~ I've had this on my shelf for ages, and I have really been wanting to read it.  So excited to finally be getting to it.  Zombies rule!
Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl~ I loved the first two books in the fabulous Caster Chronicles, and have been anxiously awaiting this.  So excited to read the ending of this trilogy!
The Always War by Margaret Peterson Haddix~ I want to get this read before its release date next week.  It looks really good, and it's short, so I should have time...




"Waiting On" Wednesday is another fun blog event. Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, this event gives us a chance to talk about the books we anxiously await the release of. Since there is ALWAYS a looooooong list of books I'm waiting on (I actually keep a spreadsheet), I figured this is one that I MUST do.


This week I am thinking ahead to 2012 because it is almost here.  I was perusing the website for 2012 YA debut authors, The Apocalypsies, and I thought I would go ahead and list some of the 2012 releases I am most excited for.  If you don't follow the blog, you should (and don't forget twitter!).   You can link to it HERE.


The Everneath by Brodi Ashton~ Maybe one of my most anticipated releases of 2012.  The cover is gorgeous and the plot looks great.  Read the Goodreads synopsis HERE.  Releases January 24th from Balzer + Bray.

Breaking Beautiful by Jennifer Shaw Wolf~ This book looks gut-wrenching and compelling.  I have a feeling this is going to get a lot of attention.  Read the Goodreads synopsis HERE.  Releases April 24th from Walker Books for Young Readers.

Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic~ I've read this book and it's great.  Heartbreakingly beautiful.  I have an advance copy of this, but I will definitely be getting myself a finished copy when it comes out.  Look for my review and interview with Megan in a few weeks.  Read the Goodreads synopsis HERE.  Releases January 17th from Houghton, Mifflin, Harcourt BFYR.

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood~ Have you ever seen a more beautiful cover?  Add to that the advance buzz on this book and you have a winner.  Plus, I'm a sucker for witch stories... This is right at the top of my list of most anticipated 2012 releases.  Read the Goodreads synopsis HERE.  Releases February 7th from G.P. Putnam's Sons BFYR.

Harbinger
by Sara Wilson Etienne~ Another fabulous cover!  Yes, I do judge books by their covers, especially those of debut authors.  This one comes out early in the year, so at least the waiting-on torture won't be so awful...  Read the Goodreads synopsis HERE.  Releases February 2nd from Putnam Juvenile.

The Selection
by Kiera Cass~ Okay, I admit it.  Another book that was just love at first sight... The synopsis sounds great and well, this cover.  I got the same feelings of OOOOOH! that I got when I saw the cover of MatchedGoodreads synopsis HERE.  Releases April 24th from HarperTeen.


This is by no means an all-inclusive listing!  In fact, there are LOADS more on the Apocalypsies site that I am drooling for, but they will have to wait for another post...  What are you waiting on?


**Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for a copy of The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson!!  It ends at 12:01am November 10th.  Click HERE for details.**

37 comments:

  1. Yay! We have one book in common!
    Also Never Eighteen sounds wonderful! Just added it to my TBR list!
    Check out my WOW
    XO!
    p.s- New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, haven't seen Harbinger before -- will check it out! All those other picks have had fabulous press too. :)

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are fabulous choices!! I am so excited for Everneath!! (That was my last weeks choice for WoW!) - The Selection has a stunning cover and I have seen it everywhere so I must look into it! And Harbinger looks exciting!! Thanks for sharing your WoWs this week! I think I have added like 3 from your list to my to read pile, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Night Circus. I hope to get to it soon - everyone is raving about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... you have SO MANY great books all in one post!!! Lots of these are new for me... Harbinger and The Selection look great. I'll keep eye out! Are you reviewing Crossed?

    thx for hopping by my site. I'm a new GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Night Circus does look awesome :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-wednesdays_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arghh am dying to read everneath and selection!!!

    Great WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just received an arc copy of Born Wicked. A lovely cover. I had no idea it was receiving good buzz. I'll have to move it up in my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am pining for every single one of those! The only one I haven't heard of is Never Eighteen and it sounds fab :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want like all of these books. They look soo good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous choices there! I did a happy dance when I saw the Everneath ARC in Netgalley. I have my fingers and toes crossed hoping they accept my request. I read an excerpt of Born Wicked and I have to say I'm pretty excited to read the rest. Oh and The Selection attracted me with its gorgeous cover, and the synopsis sounds pretty interesting. Can't wait to read it!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Selection has a gorgeous cover! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Breaking Beautiful and The Selection looks good, can't wait! Awesome picks this week, thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Book Addict

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of the books you have listed sound fantastic. I think the Near Witch is going to be next on my list to read and all of the WOW books they all sound so good, my TBR list is getting ridiculous-lol.

    Happy Wednesday!

    Neri @ In The Name of Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know about "best book ever" but Night Circus is really unique and I enjoyed it very much. Loved the Maze runner too -- haven't got to the other two books, though. Happy Reading and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to read The Selection just because of the cover! Same with Everneath. I hope they keep making covers with epic dresses on them :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Jessica @ Books: A true story

    ReplyDelete
  17. All of these books look amazing :)
    Can't wait to check them out!!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-18-last-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great choices! I've heard of some of these, but some are new to me. Thanks for introducing me to them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I got Everneath straight from netgalley and can not wait to read it! I also want to read the Beautiful Creatures line, the books look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice choices! It's cool that you can read a couple of books at a time, I could never do that lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely have Everneath, Born Wicked, and Never Eighteen on my wishlist. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Some awesome-sounding books listed here! I've heard some glowing things about Everneath :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, so many good books mentioned in this post! I LOVED The Near Witch, can't wait to read The Night Circus and Everneath, and Born Wicked of course (my WoW pick!).

    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte (http://bookandlatte.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sooo many of these are on my TBR list! Great choices. Thanks for coming by my blog!

    Have a great week,
    Teresa
    The Duchess Mommy Reads

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been drooling over reviews of The Night Circus for months, and it's always a danger that the book won't live up to the hype. Here's hoping this one does!

    Here's my WWW for this week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow! Awesome picks! I plan to read Everneath next week! :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  27. hope you are loving near with! it was one of my all time favs!

    here's my WOW post. stop by??!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Breaking Beautiful and Born Wicked are on my list, too. They both sound so good! Great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. The cover of Selection is Gorgeous!!! and I'm with you on Born Wicked and Never Eighteen! they sounds amazing! thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, that's a lot of books! And many of them can be found in my TBR- list, you have a good taste ;) I'm waiting to get Beautiful Chaos, ordered it last week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks! I love your choices!! Especially Everneath & Born Wicked! I'm definitely adding them to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks! I love your choices! Especially Everneath & Born Wicked! I'm definitely adding them to my TBR!
    Thanks for visiting! =)
    ~Hira

    ReplyDelete
  33. You've got some good ones on your list. A few are already on my 'to-read' list and it may just grow again!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great list. I am really looking forward to Everneath and Born Wicked too. I want to read The Near Witch and The Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete
  35. HOly COW! you got a bunch of awesome picks! I agree with every one of them =9 cant wait!!
    thanx for stopping by! muah!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/11/www-18-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  36. lol, I think I put the wrong link and I put yours in your own blog! lol!

    Dazzling Reads

    THERE! happy reading! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, Karis! You've picked an awesome group of books for your WOW!! I am a total sucker for a beautiful cover (yes, I am known to buy books solely based on the cover, LOL!), and Born Wicked looks awesome! The Everneath also looks great. I'm adding both to my TBR list!

    Thanks for stopping by and checking out my WOW!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-angelkiller-by-h.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO