Saturday, November 26, 2011

In My Mailbox (19)

In My Mailbox (IMM) was started by The Story Siren a few years back, and is a great way for bloggers to give the books they are reading (or are planning to read) a quick mention.  I didn't do this last week because I was playing drill sergeant to my oldest daughter who was grounded and doing yard work.  Unfortunately, the entire neighborhood was outside enjoying the unseasonably warm weather, so I had to be over her shoulder to keep her on task.  Not much blogging happened during that time, but now my yard is cleaned up and I have two weeks worth of books for you!


How to Save a Life
By Sara Zarr
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: October 18th, 2011
Source: Purchase
Goodreads Synopsis
I loved Once Was Lost, and I've heard nothing but amazing things about this book, so I had to get a copy.




Dark Eden
By Patrick Carman
Publisher:  HarperCollins Children's Books
Publication Date: November 1st, 2011
Source:  Library
Goodreads Synopsis
I think Patrick Carman is great.  He knows how to write creepy.  Skeleton Creek scared the crap out of me, and I've heard this one is even scarier.


Fetching
By Kiera Stewart
Publisher: Hyperion
Publication Date: November 8th, 2011
Source: Library
Goodreads Synopsis
I totally admit that I picked this one up because of the cover, but the story does sound cute, and since my oldest is going to middle school next year, I thought she might enjoy it as well.  Stay tuned.


The Space Between
By Brenna Yovanoff
Publisher: Razorbill
Publication Date: November 15th, 2011
Source: Purchase
Goodreads Synopsis
I loved Brenna's first book, The Replacement, so I've been anxiously awaiting this for ages.  I ran right out to buy it when it dropped, and plan to start reading it as soon as my kids go back to school on Monday (I didn't want to neglect them while on break, so I waited).
Don't Expect Magic
By Kathy McCullough
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: November 8th, 2011
Source: Library
Goodreads Synopsis
This looked really cute, so I decided to check it out.  The cover actually drew my daughter's eye, and she asked me if she could get it, so being the responsible mother I am, I will read it first.  :)


Wherever You Go
By Heather Davis
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Publication Date: November 14th, 2011
Source: Purchase
Goodreads Synopsis
This looked really intriguing; like it has the potential to be a really beautiful story.  It's told from three POVs, so I'm not sure how I will like it, but I couldn't pass it up.


Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses
By Ron Koertge
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Publication Date: July 10th, 2012
Source: ARC/NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
I am a total sucker for a good, gory fairy tale retelling.  This one looks like that and more!  Not only does it look like it is more along the lines of the originals, and less like the Disney versions, but it looks like there is a lot a humor to go with.  Can't wait to read this!
New Girl
By Paige Harbison
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Publication Date: January 31st, 2012
Source: ARC/NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
This looks like an excellent mystery/thriller/ghost story.  Also, I really like the cover.  I will probably wait until January to read this so I can use it for the Sophomore Reading Challenge, but it will be difficult...


Another Jekyll, Another Hyde
By Daniel and Dina Nayeri
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Publication Date: March 13th, 2012
Source: ARC/NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
This pair does a bang-up job with the retelling of classics.  Another Faust and Another Pan were fabulous, and I can't wait to dig into their third book, a modern retelling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

23 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got some awesome books! I think I'll have to head over to Netgalley and check out Lies, Knives, and Girls in Red Dresses. Sounds wickedly good!

    Megan at Book Brats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark Eden was definitely creepy! I've seen New Girl on netgalley, but I think I will wait for reviews before I read it. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Eden!! I got it from my BF and hope it arrives later this week! Can't wait to read it, it looks so creepy good. o: And New Girl too! \o/ Awesome IMM! Enjoy. :)

    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Space Between is high on my wishlist, it sounds so incredible! I'm also looking forward to reading Dark Eden.
    Enjoy your books :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got New Girl too it looks awesum!
    I would be reading it now if I had not read the wrong book for my Monday review/author guest post (I am doing reviews on 2 books of hers) so I am speed reading the right book..lolz..

    I am a new follower of yours btw :)

    Great IMM & have a wonderful rest of the weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books! I'm looking forward to reading Dark Eden.

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome IMM! I keep hearing how good Dark Eden is. I may have to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only one I've read is How to Save a Life. The rest all look like books I would love to read. Great week for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books this week. I really enjoyed Wherever You Go. Oh and I am dying to read The Space Between and Don't Expect Magic. I need to get my hands on copies of those. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. EPIC!!!! I hadn't heard of Lies, Knives and Girls in Red Dresses yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome books this week! The Space Between!!! And New Girl is everywhere right now, hope you enjoy!

    New To My Stash at Book Addict.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. I always am amazed to see how many books people got every week. You got a lot. Old follower. I loved The Space Between...so good.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh so many fantastic titles! Especially eager to get my hands on New Girl, Another Jekyll, Another Hyde, and How to Save a Life - they sound so good!

    I really enjoyed The Space Between, I hope you'll like it too. And YES! Read UTNS after it!! I just finished and today and WOW. It was AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Space Between has the most prettyful cover, and it sounds awesome. And I love the look of Dark Eden! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just got A Space Between too. I love that cover!
    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, great IMM this week! I can't wait to pick up a copy of HOW TO SAVE A LIFE. I haven't read any Sara Zarr yet, but I have heard nothing but good things! :D

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have heard so much about Dark Eden and The Space Between! Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome haul!! I really enjoyed Dark Eden! I can't wait to read New Girl as well!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome stuff! I really want to read How to Save a Life and The Space Between. They look really good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great mailbox. Everyone seams to be getting New Girl from NetGalley hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello dear! oyu got so many awesome books this week! Im looking forward to hear your thoughts on The Space Between hell yeah!! =D
    XOXO

    My In My Mailbox!

    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice IMM! I am interested in reading Dark Eden! Hope you enjoy your books! Feel free to check out my IMM here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. I got New Girl too!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.... :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO