Thursday, April 14, 2011

Operation Rock the Drop in Honor of Teen Lit Day!

  

Today, April 14th, is Support Teen Lit Day.  In honor of this event, Readergirlz and Figment have created Rock the Drop!, a program to get teens reading.  This is such an easy thing to do:
  1. Go through your bookshelf.  Find any gently-used books that you loved (or even go buy some if you're loaded), and paste in the "Rock the Drop!" bookplate (click the button above to get it).
  2. Drop the book(s) in public places where teens would likely pick them up.
  3. Snap a pic of your dropped book and email it to Readergirlz.
  4. Feel really good about doing a great thing to promote teen literacy.
  5. *Optional*  Tweet about it so everyone knows you did it.  Hashtag #rockthedrop
I'm dropping a bunch of books today.  I plan to drop a few at the ballpark (in the dugout) after my daughter's softball game (12U and 14U play after she does),  Starbucks, Town Center Park, and the Mall.  Books I'm dropping:


       








  


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO