Today, April 14th, is Support Teen Lit Day. In honor of this event, Readergirlz and Figment have created Rock the Drop!, a program to get teens reading. This is such an easy thing to do:
- Go through your bookshelf. Find any gently-used books that you loved (or even go buy some if you're loaded), and paste in the "Rock the Drop!" bookplate (click the button above to get it).
- Drop the book(s) in public places where teens would likely pick them up.
- Snap a pic of your dropped book and email it to Readergirlz.
- Feel really good about doing a great thing to promote teen literacy.
- *Optional* Tweet about it so everyone knows you did it. Hashtag #rockthedrop
I'm dropping a bunch of books today. I plan to drop a few at the ballpark (in the dugout) after my daughter's softball game (12U and 14U play after she does), Starbucks, Town Center Park, and the Mall. Books I'm dropping: