Sunday, April 1, 2012

In My Mailbox (28)

In My Mailbox (IMM) was started by The Story Siren a few years back, and is a great way for bloggers to give the books they are reading (or are planning to read) a quick mention.  I didn't post an IMM last week because I had nothing to post.  I got ZIP the prvious week.  Not necessarily a bad thing, as it gives me time to catch up... So I thought!  I had a phenomenal week for books this week, and my TBR is bigger than ever now!  Here goes...


Revived
By Cat Patrick
Publisher: Little, Brown BYR
Publication Date: May 8th, 2012
Source: ARC/Southern ARC Tours
Goodreads Synopsis
I really enjoyed Cat's debut, Forgotten, and was thrilled when I found out I was one of the lucky ducks who got on this tour.  This book was AWESOME!  It was one of those drop-everything-to-read books!  Look for my review toward the middle-to-end of the month.


Dreamless
By Josephine Angelini
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date:  May 29th, 2012
Source:  ARC/Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis
I was hoping for an opportunity to review this one!  I reviewed its predecessor, Starcrossed, last spring, and loved it!  Look for my review of this book at the beginning of May.


Arise
By Tara Hudson
Publisher:  HarperTeen
Publication Date:  June 5th, 2012
Source:  ARC/Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis
This is another sequel to a book I reviewed last spring, and have been eagerly awaiting.  Hereafter was one of my favorite Paranormal Romances of 2011 and I have high hopes for this one!


The Selection
By Kiera Cass
Publisher:  HarperTeen
Publication Date:  April 24th, 2012
Source: ARC/Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis
I had all but given up on getting a pre-release copy of this coveted book!  I am beyond excited to read it, and with release date so close, I don't even have to wait, adhering to my self-imposed rules of reading in order of release date!
Touched
By Cyn Balog
Publisher:  Delacorte BFYR
Publication Date:  August 18th, 2013
Source:  ARC/NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
This book looks great!  I'm trying not to get too excited to read it because of my aforementioned self-imposed restrictions, but it's pretty hard.  Also, the cover!


The Immortal Rules
By Julie Kagawa
Publisher:  HarlequinTeen
Publication Date:  April 24th, 2012
Source:  ARC/NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
The reviews have been amazing, so when  got a an email from NetGalley, I had to run right over and get this one!  I've been kind of over vampires, but I think this could be the book to rekindle my love for them.
Unspoken
By Sarah Rees Brennan
Publisher:  Random House BFYR
Publication Date:  September 11th, 2012
Source:  ARC/NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
I've never read anything by Sarah Rees Brennan because I don't have time to start many series that I'm multiple books behind on, but I've heard great things about The Demon's Lexicon, so when I heard she was beginning a new series, I was all over it!
Velveteen
By Daniel Marks
Publisher:  Random House BFYR
Publication Date:  October 9th, 2012
Source: ARC/Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis
When I read the synopsis of this book, I got chills!  I remember telling my husband, "Listen to this...", so I am thrilled to have an advance copy.  I mean, "Bonesaw"?  Honestly, I hope I have the stomach, because this sounds like one hell of a thriller!  Woohoo!
Bad Hair Day
By Carrie Harris
Publisher:  Delacorte BFYR
Publication Date: November 13th, 2012
Source:  ARC/Publisher
Goodreads Synopsis
I thought Bad Taste In Boys, Carrie Harris's debut, was great!  It was funny and smart, and being somewhat of a nerd myself, I always love a nerdy heroine.  Can't wait to read this book!

8 comments:

  1. I'm insanely jealous about The Selection.

    Congrats!

    Here's my Imm

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA, amazing haul! So excited for you about getting early copies of The Selection & The Immortal Rules! I can't wait to read those! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!
    -Heather/My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books! Starcrossed was amazing, so I'm hoping Dreamless will be just as good! OMG. THE SELECTION. ♥ I want it sooo bad! Velveteen seems pretty awesome as well!

    Happy reading!

    Check out my IMM!

    -Lexi, the Literature Lion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a great mailbox. I got some of these too. I can't wait to read Dreamless and The Immortal Rules....

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection, I'm jealous of a few of those! Enjoy reading them and have fun catching up on your other books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Forgotten too! I want revived! Lucky you...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all the books!
    Netgalley is so great!
    Hope you enjoy all of them
    Kisses
    Ruty
    This is my IMM:
    http://booksaremywayofliving.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-05.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome books! I'm hoping to get approval for Bad Hair Day and Touched. I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO