Saturday, March 3, 2012

No Wonder...

So, you may remember last fall when I was MIA for a week, as I immersed myself in the world of Scholastic Book Fairs, as the chairperson of my daughter's school book fair.  Well, this past week, I've done the same, but for the spring version, but I was good.  I planned ahead.  I wrote a bunch of posts, and scheduled them so that they would automatically go up in my absence.  I was so proud of myself!  BUT...  I'm not that great with this type of thing, and silly me, I forgot to actually click "Publish" after I scheduled them (I was wondering why my phone wasn't chirping with all of your wonderful comments).  

I'm not going to post them all now, and totally flood your reader with YA Litwit.  Instead, I'm going to post them throughout the week, along with my planned reviews.  Good news is that I have less work to do this coming week (I have eight posts in my queue!!), which means I can read more.   I DID find time to read the amazingly awesome third book in Holly Black's Curse Workers trilogy, Black Heart.  It doesn't come out for another month, so look for my review in about 2 weeks, but if you're a fan, go ahead and pre-order it because it was great.

As for the book fair, in case you're wondering...  It went really well.  The best part for me was that I got to tell a bunch of Jr. High students about the many books we had for sale that I love.  If you read my blog, you know that I love nothing more than talking about books, and it's just gravy when someone actually buys what I talk about (which a lot of the kids apparently did).  Some of the books I highlighted were Matched and Crossed by Ally Condie (my review), The Forest of Hands and Teeth and The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan (read my review of book #3, The Dark and Hollow Places, HERE), Cinder by Marissa Meyer (my review), Clockwork Angel, City of Ashes, and City of Bones by Cassie Clare (read my reviews of Clockwork Prince HERE and City of Fallen Angels HERE), Everlost and Everwild by Neal Shusterman (read my review of book #3, Everfound HERE), Heist Society by Ally Carter (my review), Reckless by Cornelia Funke, The Maze Runner by James Dashner, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (read my review of book #2, Supernaturally, HERE), and Legend by Marie Lu (my review).  As far as I know, all the titles I talked about sold out, so I am thrilled!  I love to see kids reading for pleasure!  I also picked up a few books for the Reader Girlz upcoming annual event, Rock the Drop, which promotes teen literacy (click the link above for more info on last year's event!)

So, even though my house is a mess and I haven't posted a review in far too long, I think this was a great week!  Keep your eyes out for some great content this week, including a giveaway, my audio reviews of Firelight by Sophie Jordan and Fever by Lauren DeStefano,  fun weekly memes, and reviews of Another Faust by Daniel and Dina Nayeri, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews, and The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter.  

Happy Reading to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I love scholastic book fairs! Reckless by Cornelia Funke, was a fav of mine as well.

    Great site.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO