Thursday, August 11, 2011

Decatur Book Festival!!! September 2-4, 2011 (and Yall Fest, November 11th-12th)

If you're not lucky enough to live in the Atlanta area, this post is just going to piss you off (but you should read it anyway)...

Every year over Labor Day weekend loads of fantabulous authors flock to Atlanta to be a part of the Decatur Book Festival.  I am so excited this year because there are so many ridiculously awesome YA authors that I can't even contain myself.  I had to write this post because I know ya'll will share my joy (unlike my husband, who has to be dragged along)!!!  I wasn't sure if the festival could top itself over last year, but I can say that they, at the very least, matched it!  (Last year's authors included Cassandra Clare, Carrie Ryan, Ridley Pearson, Cinda Willams Chima, Alyxandra Harvey, Rachel Hawkins, Ingrid Law, David Levithan, Saundra Mitchell, Kirsten Miller, Jackson Pearce, Nancy Werlin, and Jessica Verday- ridiculous, right?)  Anyway, are you ready to be a little bit jealous that I live a mere 30 minutes away?  Here's my list of authors I'm most excited about...


Myra McEntire~ I'm going to be so ridiculously starstruck. I LOVED Hourglass as you can ascertain from my REVIEW.  Super-excited to get my copy signed.


Libba Bray~ Another genius author whose work I adore.  She may as well be a rockstar (or Miss America!)... I cannot wait to get my beloved copy of Beauty Queens signed.  Perhaps I'll have her sign two, and do a giveaway...  Hmm.  You can read my Beauty Queens review HERE.
Lauren Myracle~ When I first heard she was coming I thought, "Oh, Emma will be thrilled!" (she's my 10 year old's favorite), then I read Shine.  Now I love her too.  Read my review of Shine HERE.
Stephanie Perkins~ Just in time to pick up a signed copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door.  :)
Jonathan Maberry~ Another just-in-time-for-a-long-awaited-new-release.  Dust & Decay drops August 30th.
Victoria Schwab~ The Near Witch is getting lots of blogger love, so I'm looking forward to getting a signed copy.  Maybe two or three? *raises eyebrows*


Adam Gidwitz~ I loved A Tale Dark and Grimm.  So clever; a 2010 favorite of mine, Plus, I hear he's cute...  :)


Lisa McMann~ She'll be promoting Cryer's Cross (which I really liked) and The Unwanteds (my daughter is currently enjoying my ARC of that). We're both super excited to meet her!
Beth Revis~ Maybe she'll have some ARCs of A Million Suns.  A girl can dream...




Margaret Peterson Haddix~ Um. Can you say, LEGEND!  Between Emma and I, we will have too many of her books to carry!





Also, Jackson Pearce (Sweetly), Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall), Elizabeth Eulberg (Prom and Prejudice), Simone Elkeles (Perfect Chemistry), Jennifer Jabaley (Crush Control), and Jeff Hirsch (The Eleventh Plague).





Can you see why I'm so excited?!?!  If any of ya'll are going to be there, let me know!  Maybe we can meet up.


If you're in the Southeast, but already have Labor Day plans, you should check out YALL FEST (Charleston Young Adult Book Festival).  It's November 11th-12th.  They haven't posted their full lineup yet, but we do know that Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl will be there (they are the event coordinators so, duh!)  I, for one, wouldn't mind a signed copy of Beautiful Chaos?  That would be fab, huh?

7 comments:

  1. Wow! We rarely get teen authors here where I live in Arizona. Of course, not many people want to come here anymore. lol I would love to see all of these authors! Have fun!! You lucky duck :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right....I'm insanely jealous :P Most of the YA authors in Canada just go to Toronto....which is only an hour away from where I live but difficult to work into a busy schedule! Although when Veronica Roth (author of Divergent) was in the area I made the point to book off work to go and see her lol! I'm most jealous of the fact that Stephanie Perkins is going to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am most definitely jealous! Wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AM JEALOUS. I NO LONGER LIKE YOU.

    (Just kidding)

    I hope you have a fantastic time! The line-up is so awesome that I don't know how you wouldn't but... still. Maybe one day they'll have an event like this in Toronto :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oMG i am sooooo jealous!!!! You are so lucky aye! :) Hope you enjoy it and can you pls give me a hug to Adam Gidwitz? hahaha Great post! and thanks for dropping by my WoW Karis sorry for late response. New follower too.
    LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooooo jealous right now. That's a fantastic line up. Have fun for all of us who can't go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks AWESOME! I would be super excited about Stephanie Perkins :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO