Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WWW (29) and Waiting on Wednesday (March 21st, 2012): Have a Nice Day by Julie Halpern

W. W. W. Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading a great blog that I subscribe to. Here's how it works... Each Wednesday I will answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you'll read next?
I haven't gotten much of an opportunity to read this week, BUT I finished my taxes (WOOHOO!).  Now I'm making up for lost time, so next week's post should be full of books!

What are you currently reading?

Croak by Gina Damico~ I probably shouldn't even put this in in "Currently Reading" section, because I have about two chapters left, but since I'm technically still reading it... This book is hands-down, one of my favorite debuts of 2012.  Smart, witty, and original; I have a feeling that this series will catch on and become a HUGE hit.  Stay tuned for me review.  It should be up later today or tomorrow.

Bewitching by Alex Flinn~ I'm buddy-reading this with Emma, and I can tell we will be reading this for a few weeks.  It's good, but we are both so beat by the end of the day that we get two or three pages read and have to go to sleep.   We both really like it so far though.
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver~ Sooooo good so far.  Much better than Delirium.  I can tell the year-long wait for the release of Requiem will be horribly painful.  (Don't forget that I have a signed copy of this book up for grabs HERE!!!)
Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver~ I'm buddy reading this with my son, Benjamin.  He got it signed at Lauren's event, and he was really excited to get started.  I guess we're taking a short break form The 39 Clues...  So far, Ben is loving this book to pieces.
What did you recently finish reading?

Purity by Jackson Pearce~ I think this might be my favorite book by this author.  I was wary when I heard she was writing a Contemporary novel, but I had no reason to be.  Purity was fantastic.  It doesn't come out until April 24th, so look for my review during the first week in April.
One False Note (The 39 Clues, Book #2) by Gordon Korman~ I liked this one a lot better than the first one.  I thought it was better paced, and much more interesting.  I'm eager to know what happens next, but Benjamin and I are taking a break to read Liesl & Po.
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan~ I have extreme love for this book.  I wish I could have had friends like Nick and Norah in HS.  They are awesome and I loved how their story ended.  Now that I've read the book, I can finally see the movie.
What do you think you'll read next?

Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer Hubbard~ This book looks really good, and I'm in need of a shorter read right now, and this seems like a good choice.  It's been sitting on my nightstand far too long!
After the Snow by S.D. Crockett~ I started this book awhile ago and then stopped.  Similar to my experience with Blood Red Road, I am having a difficult time with the protagonist's manner of speech.  I'm going to go back and give it another go since it comes out next week.  Hopefully, I can get used to it because the story sounds really good.

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter~ I really enjoyed The Goddess Test, and am really looking forward to reading this.  It comes out next week, so look for my review over the next few days.  I'm thinking maybe Sunday...
Life Is But a Dream by Brian James~ This is one of the four ARCs I have for books releasing on March 27th.  I doubt I will get through all of them before then, but I hope this is one of the ones I do get to read.  I love the cover, and the story sounds heartbreakingly beautiful.



"Waiting On" Wednesday is another fun blog event. Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, this event gives us a chance to talk about the books we anxiously await the release of. Since there is ALWAYS a looooooong list of books I'm waiting on (I actually keep a spreadsheet), I figured this is one that I MUST do.

This week's WoW pick wasn't even on my radar until I started going through the Macmillan Fall 2012 catalog the other day...  When I saw it I did a happy dance because the news of this book is made of AWESOME!
Have a Nice Day by Julie Halpern

Anna Bloom has spent the last three weeks in a mental hospital dealing with her depression, conspiring with her fellow inmates, and tripping through first love. But now she's out, where does she stand? Is she too crazy to fit in with her normal friends? Is she too normal to fit in with her mental hospital friends? The sequel to GET WELL SOON answers the questions readers want to know: How do you go back to normal after you just got out of a mental hospital?
(Courtesy of Goodreads)

This is not the book I had planned for this week's WoW post, but when I found out about it, I had to share my love!  I'm a great, big, huge Julie Halpern fangirl.  I became such a few years ago when I read her brilliantly funny coming-of-age novel, Into the Wild Nerd Yonder (read my review HERE).   This past October, during Banned Books Week, I did a "Banned Books Showcase" for this book's predecessor, Get Well Soon (read my review and commentary HERE).  At that point, I had no idea that a sequel was in the works, but I ended my review by saying , "Although I liked the ending, I would really like to know what the future holds for Anna.  She feels like a friend now.", so I am beyond happy that it is going to happen.   If you haven't read any of Julie's books, get on it!  She is funny and witty, and I love the way she writes.

Publisher:  Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date:  October 16, 2012
My Expected Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  


What are YOU Waiting On this week?


**Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for a SIGNED hardcover copy of Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver.  Click HERE! **

3 comments:

  1. I read Bewitching, it was good! I have Croak coming from the library soon, and have to get to Pandemonium.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your books look so interesting! I've got to check several of them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to read Bewitching! Nice list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO