Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List
(March 21st-June 20th)
10. The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell~ Usually I don't really like Historical Fiction, but I loved this book's predecessor, The Vespertine (read my review HERE). There was a mysterious paranormal element to this series that just drew me in. Also, the covers are lovely. The Springsweet comes out April 17th.
9. Arise by Tara Hudson~ I read Hereafter, the first book in this series, last spring and absolutely loved it (read my review HERE). Arise comes out on June 5th, and I can't wait!!
8. The Selection by Kiera Cass~ I know there's been a lot of buzz about the author's response to a negative review on Goodreads, and I know a lot of people have said they won't read this because of it, but the story still looks good to me, and I still feel a need to read it. Also, I love the cover, so I need to have it as part of my collection. The Selection comes out April 24th.
7. Thumped by Megan McCafferty~ I thought the first book in this series, Bumped (read my review HERE), was one of the smartest, most original books I read last year. I'm very much looking forward to the release of Thumped on April 24th.
6. Dreamless by Josephine Angelini~ Last spring I read this author's debut, this book's predecessor, Starcrossed (read my review HERE), and was blown away! It thought it was great take on Greek mythology. I have been eagerly awaiting the May 29th release of Dreamless ever since.
5. The Drowned Cities by Paolo Bacigalupi~ I put off reading the award-winning first book in this series, Ship Breaker (read my review HERE), because it just didn't grab me. I was so wrong to do that! It was phenomenal, and I am so excited for The Drowned Cities to come out on May 1st! I won't make the same mistake twice!
4. Insurgent by Veronica Roth~ The first book in this trilogy, Divergent (read my review HERE), was one of my favorite books of 2011. It ended with a lot of unknowns, so I am really eager to read Insurgent when it comes out on May 1st.
3. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare~ One of the few good things about the months slipping by so quickly is that it is almost May 1st, and that means that book #5 of The Mortal Instruments series, City of Lost Souls, comes out. I'm a HUGE Cassie Clare fangirl, and this is not only one of my top spring TBRs, but one of my top 2012 picks.
2. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore~ This book has been a LOOOOOOONG time coming! Graceling and Fire are two favorite High Fantasy novels EVER, and I think Bitterblue is going to be even better! May 1st is going to be a great day!
1. Timepiece by Myra McEntire~ Hourglass (read my review HERE) was one of my favorite books last year, and it left off in such a way that I was ready to trade my favorite of my three children for the next book! June 12th can't really come soon enough!
What books top your Spring TBR? Do we share any?
**Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY for a SIGNED hardcover copy of Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. Click HERE! **