Monday, June 13, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday (8)

In My Mailbox (IMM) was started by The Story Siren a few years back, and is a great way for bloggers to give the books they are reading (or are planning to read) a quick mention.

Last week I missed both my IMM and my WWW/WoW posts. We are in the heat of softball All-Stars season, and we have had back-to-back-to-back-to-back tournaments. I've gotten lots of reading done, but very little blogging. With one tournament left, I should be able to get back into the swing of things very soon, with LOTS of reviews to come. In the meantime, I've gotten some great books since my last IMM two weeks ago! Lots of NetGalleys too (Thanks Clarion and Amulet Books!).

The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory, and Why Outsiders Thrive After High SchoolThe Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory, and Why Outsiders Thrive After High School
By Alexandra Robbins
Publisher: Hyperion
Publication Date: May 1st, 2011
Source: Purchase
Goodreads Synopsis
While not technically a YA book, I love Alexandra Robbins and everything I have read by her (Overachievers, Pledged) has had more relevance to teens than to adults. I think this will be no different.


OyMGOyMG
By Amy Fellner Dominy
Publisher: Walker & Company
Publication Date: May 19th, 2011
Source: Library
Goodreads Synopsis
This looks hilarious. I think it's something my (almost) 10 year old daughter would enjoy (we're a mixed-faith family), but of course, I have to read it first. :)

Beauty QueensBeauty Queens
By Libba Bray
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Publication Date: May 24th, 2011
Source: Purchase
Goodreads Synopsis
I love, love, LOVE Libba Bray, and this book looks great! It's one of my anticipated titles of this year. So excited to read it!



The Carrie DiariesThe Carrie Diaries
By Candace Bushnell
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: April 27th, 2010
Source: Kindle
Goodreads Synopsis
I was a HUGE fan of Sex and the City when I was in my 20's and I can't believe I haven't gotten around to reading this yet.


DeviantDeviant
By Adrian McKinty
Publisher: Amulet Books
Publication Date: October 1st, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
This looks like an excellent read and it's got a great cover. I'm really looking forward to it.



MisfitMisfit
By Jon Skovron
Publisher: Amulet Books
Publication Date: August 1st, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
Another awesome cover, and the story seems great too. Did I mention the cover?


Also Known as Rowan Pohi Also Known as Rowan Pohi
By Ralph Fletcher
Publisher: Clarion
Publication Date: November 14th, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Goodreads Synopsis
This is going to be one of those books that you read in public and get funny looks from people because you're laughing so much. I can tell...

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by mine!!!

    Beauty Queens is a wonderful book! Hope you enjoy it.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't like Going Bovine, so I'm kind of scared of Beauty Queens. I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! You are so lucky. I've been so looking forward to picking up Beauty Queens. It sounds fabulous, as well as OyMG. And look at that, we got some of the same NetGalley titles! Hoorah for NetGalley!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog! And have a wonderful bookish-fun filled week!

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauty Queens is CA-RAZY!!!!But I liked it :D
    Enjoy!And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these books look really good. I'd be interested in reading OyMG, and Deviant sounds, well, devious :). Thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy reading!

    the Novel Nook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower.

    I cannot wait to read Beauty Queens. Libba Bray is a literary rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started Beauty Queens yesterday, it's pretty funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. Love the covers for all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'OyMG' sounds so cute/funny, but with a really good message to it as well. And 'Beauty Queens'? Well, I definitely can't wait to get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there, nice haul too!
    I read The Carrie Diaries, which was great, and I have Misfit on tbr pile :)

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! OyMG looks really cute. I recently met Libba Bray at a signing and she is hilarious! Can't wait to read Beauty Queens!

    Thanks for visiting and following! I am following you now too!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO