Monday, May 9, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday (4)


In My Mailbox (IMM) was started by The Story Siren a few years back, and is a great way for bloggers to give the books they are reading (or are planning to read) a quick mention. Let me tell you, when it rains, it pours! I have a ton of new books this week!

A World Without Heroes (Beyonders)A World Without Heroes
By Brandon Mull
 Publisher: Aladdin
Publication Date: March 15th, 2011
Source: Library
Date Acquired: May 7th, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
This is the 1st book in Mull's new Beyonders series. I loved Fablehaven, and The Candy Shop War is one of my favorite MG books.



Anna and the French KissAnna and the French Kiss
By Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Publication Date: December 10th, 2010
Source: Purchase
Date Acquired: May 5th, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
I have heard far too many great things about this book, not to have read it by now...



The IvyThe Ivy
By Lauren Kunze
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Publication Date: August 31st, 2010
Source: Purchase
Date Acquired: May 5th, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
Another one I've heard good things about. The sequel comes out soon, so I wanted to catch up...



The Poison Eaters: And Other StoriesThe Poison Eaters and Other Stories
By Holly Black
Publisher: Big Mouth House
Publication Date: February 10th, 2010
Source: Purchase
Date Acquired: May 5th, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
This just came out in paperback. I love Holly Black, but had never heard of this short story collection. Stay tuned for my review...



By Tara Hudson
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: June 7th, 2011
Source: NetGalley (ARC)
Date Acquired: May 3rd, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
I'm reading this now, and WOW! So good! Look for my review some time toward the end of the week.



Darkness Becomes HerDarkness Becomes Her
By Kelly Keaton
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Publication Date: February 2nd, 2011
Source: Library
Date Acquired: May 7th, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
Another one that I put on my list solely for the cover, then learned I was intrigued by the story as well. I've been waiting ages for this, and am so excited to finally have my turn. Yay me!


StarcrossedStarcrossed
By Josephine Angelini
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: May 31st, 2011
Source: NetGalley (ARC)
Date Acquired: May 3rd, 2011
Goodreads Synopsis
Beautiful cover. I've been anxiously awaiting this one, so I was so excited to be sent a NetGalley of it. It will probably be my next Kindle read.




7 comments:

  1. What a haul! I've marked Hereafter to read and I'm waiting for Starcrossed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss is soooo good!
    I want Poison Eaters! I will have to look that one up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!!! thanks for stopping by our IMM. you have a bunch of awesome books here. I LOVED anna and the french kiss and i hope you do too. happy reading :)

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to reading The Poison Eaters, but I want to read all those books! Enjoy :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- great books! I really want to read Anna and the French Kiss and Starcrossed. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for stopping by my blog. Great haul some awesome bks I want to read myself. Especially Hereafter & starcrossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great IMM! I really want to read Hereafter and Starcrossed! I also got Anna and the French Kiss this week! :) I'm a new follower, by the way. :)
    Here's my IMM! http://909reviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/imm-in-my-mailbox-number-3.html
    Thanks!
    -Angel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO