Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WWW (23) and Waiting on Wednesday (January 11th, 2012): Where the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen

W. W. W. Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading a great blog that I subscribe to. Here's how it works... Each Wednesday I will answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you'll read next?


I seem to be on a Contemporary binge, which is funny since it's not my favorite genre.  Fortunately, the books have been better than average...


What are you currently reading?

First Date by Krista McGee~ Surprisingly, I'm REALLY enjoying this one.  It's by Christian  publisher Thomas Nelson, and it's about a girl who ends up on a reality show for a chance to go to prom with the President's hunky son.  It's very cute, and I can't wait to pass it along to my daughter.  I'll also be suggesting it as a Summer Reading selection at her school.
Blood Red Road by Moira Young~ I have tried repeatedly to read this and the main character's manner of speaking has put me off of it every time.  Now I'm listening to audio, and it is FANTASTIC.  I think I just needed someone else to read those odd words for me.
Fudge-a-Mania by Judy Blume~ I'm reading this childhood favorite to my daughter and of course, she is loving it.  I'm pretty sure she's going to be quite unhappy when we finish the next book and there are no more in the series.



What did you recently finish reading?

A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young~ I just listened to the audio version, and I have to say that, when it comes to this book, the print version is better.  It's a fabulous story though, and I cant wait for the release of A Want So Wicked!


The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams~ Much better than I thought it was going to be, but not outstanding.  A cute, fun read for fans of the genre.  Read my review HERE.


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith~ WOW!!!  The best Contemporary novel since Anna and the French Kiss.  It was just perfect.  Definitely take the time to read this one!  You can find my full gushfest, I mean, review HERE.


What do you think you'll read next?

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey~ I just got an advance copy last week and am excited to read it!  It releases next Tuesday, so it will definitely be the next book off of my TBR.  Isn't the cover pretty?


Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer~ This book is sitting on my shelf calling me, "Karis.  Karis. You need to read me.  You've been looking forward to reading me for months!", but I have no time to get sucked into a book, and I KNOW I will.  I will probably fake sick a day this week to read it straight through...




"Waiting On" Wednesday is another fun blog event. Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, this event gives us a chance to talk about the books we anxiously await the release of. Since there is ALWAYS a looooooong list of books I'm waiting on (I actually keep a spreadsheet), I figured this is one that I MUST do.


There are so many great books coming out, so I'm going to try to limit myself to those that are coming out sooner than later...


After seventeen-year-old Felicita’s dearest friend Ilven kills herself to escape an arranged marriage, Felicita chooses freedom over privilege. She fakes her own death and leaves her sheltered life as one of Pelimburg’s magical elite behind. Living in the slums, scrubbing dishes for a living, she falls for charismatic Dash while also becoming fascinated with vampire Jannik. Then something shocking washes up on the beach: Ilven's death has called out of the sea a dangerous wild magic. Felicita must decide whether her loyalties lie with the family she abandoned . . . or with those who would twist this dark power to destroy Pelimburg's caste system, and the whole city along with it.  
(Courtesy of Goodreads)

This book has such a hauntingly beautiful cover, doesn't it?  I will have this on my shelf even if it sucks, because of it!  Then add to it a story that sounds so unique, despite the fact that it involves vampires, and I'm sold.  This book has gotten very good advance praise and I am really optimistic.   Hopefully I will get my hands on an advance copy, but if not, I will be at the ready on release day!

Publisher:  Farrar, Straus, & Giroux BYR
Publication Date:  February 28th, 2012
My Expected Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  

What are YOU Waiting On this week?

7 comments:

  1. You have been reading some great books lately. I loved Blood Red Road, A Need So Beautiful, and The Statistical Probability Of Love At First Sight!

    Also, I can't wait to read When The Sea Is Rising Red. It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are liking Blood Red Road better on audio. It was hard for me to get through the book at first too, but I ended up really loving it. And the audio is terrific too.

    And When the Sea is Rising Red does sound intriguing and I love the cover. Hope it's as good as it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I'm seeing of this one. I'm surprised, too! It looks like a good read!

    Here's mine
    Glitter Lit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen anything about When The Sea Is Rising Red before and I'm amazed - looks really good, surprised there's not more hype for it. Great pick, thanks!

    Mine is at YA Yeah Yeah if you'd like to

    take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finally got our Bloodrose today - daughter loves that series. I have SEA and can't wait to get to it. Hope you get one soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reviews for ...Love @ First Sight have been kind of mixed, but your review has me really looking forward to it! I have also been on a contemporary rush and it's now at the top of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. when the sea is rising red sounds really awesome! so creeptastic!

    stop by my post? I have a giveaway! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-tooth-and-nail-wow.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO