Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list topic is posted and book bloggers fill in their own choices. I'm a list girl (as in, I don't function without them), so I thought this would be a good choice for me! This week's topic is "Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book". I tweaked it, because there are a few who on my list that have works-in-progress or books coming out, and I wanted to include them. Sooo, here is my list...
Top Ten Authors I Want More Books From
1. Harper Lee~ I don't know if ya'll know this, but the epic To Kill a Mockingbird was the ONLY book Harper Lee ever wrote. To me that is insanity given how amazingly written and profound a novel it was. I wish she had written more.
2. Margaret Mitchell~ Gone With the Wind is my all-time favorite book. I have read it at least five or six times, and will undoubtedly read it again before I die. It totally sucks that she died young and never got to grace us with another epic tale like it.
3. George Orwell~ I call him The Father of Dystopian Fiction because he wrote the ground-breaking, and for me, life-changing, books 1984 and Animal Farm, WAY before the genre was even a genre. I have to wonder what he would think about this world we live in if he were alive today.
4. Emily Bronte~ Wuthering Heights was a favorite of mine in high school, and is still such a timeless classic. I would have loved to read more by Emily. It's such a shame that she died so young.
5. J.K. Rowling~ Everyone loves Harry Potter, but does she have anything else? Or will she go down in history like Harper Lee, known for ever telling just one story?
6. Carrie Ryan~ I know it seems strange to have a newish author on the same list with the above people, but I just can't get enough of her writing. Honestly, I devour her books as fast as she writes them. I know she has a couple of things in the works, but I need them to be published, like, NOW.
7. Neal Shusterman~ Another author that has things in the works, but that I can't get enough of. Thank God we have a release date for Unwholly, the sequel to the mind-bending Unwind (September 25th, 2012), but he needs to keep writing, because one book per year is just not enough!
8. Libba Bray~ I know that The Diviners comes out in November, but that's a year and a half between books! I need more Libba than that! She is a genius. The woman can write anything, and has proven it, but her comedic ventures are my favorite. Seriously though, I would read a cereal box if she wrote it!
9. John Corey Whaley~ A 2011 debut author that I am expecting HUGE things from in the future. His debut, Where Things Come Back, was such an amazing blend of sad, witty, thought-provoking, and funny. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us next because I think he may be the next John Green (and I ADORE John Green's books!).
10. Stephenie Meyer~ Yes. I admit it. I like her books. So what if the Twilight series was a little sappy and lame. I still couldn't stop reading them. And I have to say, I REALLY liked The Host. It was like it wasn't even written by the same person. I would like to see which author she really is; the one that wrote Twilight or the one that wrote The Host. Disclaimer: Just to be clear, I do NOT believe that she is even in the same league with the nine authors listed above, but I am curious.
So, there are my top ten. There are probably loads more, but I just put down the first ten that came to mind. Can't wait to read all of your lists to see who I missed!