Tuesday, October 11, 2011

WWW (17) and Waiting On Wednesday (October 12th, 2011) Double Feature

W. W. W. Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading a great blog that I subscribe to. Here's how it works... Each Wednesday I will answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you'll read next?



Great week this past week for reading.  Hoping this week will be as good!  I haven't had as much time to read as I'd like lately, but at least what I've been reading has been worth it.  So without further ado, my WWW...

What are you currently reading?


A Long, Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan~ I'm only a couple of chapters in, but so far, I'm really optimistic.  I think this is going to be a really good book.
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan~ I just started this audio this morning.  Stay tuned.  If it's good, I'll be giving a copy away!  :)




What did you recently finish reading?


Perfect by Ellen Hopkins~ As always, pure greatness.  I can't say that this book was enjoyable, but it was beautiful in a sad way.  Look for my review this week.  I need to process a little more...
Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs~ I have really enjoyed all of Tera's books, but this one is her best yet.  Loved it!  Check out my review HERE.


The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson~ I honestly JUST finished this and I still need to process it.  Excellent!




What do you think you'll read next?


The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa~ I didn't get to it last week, but it is next on my list.  SOOO looking forward to it!


The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson~ I have heard so many fabulous things!  I cannot wait to dig into this one!




"Waiting On" Wednesday is another fun blog event. Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, this event gives us a chance to talk about the books we anxiously await the release of. Since there is ALWAYS a looooooong list of books I'm waiting on (I actually keep a spreadsheet), I figured this is one that I MUST do.





The Drowned Cities (Ship Breaker #2) by Paolo Bacigalupi



In this exhilarating companion to Printz Award winner and National Book Award finalist Ship Breaker, Paolo Bacigalupi brilliantly captures a dark future America that has devolved into unending civil wars, driven by demagogues who recruit children to become soulless killing machines. Two refugees of these wars, Mahlia and Mouse, are known as "war maggots": survivors who have barely managed to escape the unspeakable violence plaguing the war-torn lands of the Drowned Cities. But their fragile safety is threatened when they discover a wounded half-man--a bioengineered war beast named Tool, who is hunted by a vengeful band of soldiers. When tragedy strikes, Mahlia is faced with an impossible decision: risk everything to save the boy who once saved her, or flee to her own safety.

Drawing upon the brutal truths of current events, The Drowned Cities is a powerful story of loyalty, survival, and heart-pounding adventure.
(Courtesy of Amazon)

Ship Breaker was absolutely phenomenal.  It was one of those books that I put off, and put off, and then mentally kicked myself for waiting so long when I finally got around to reading it.  I usually wholeheartedly disagree with judge's picks for award winners, but in this case, they were so right.  Ship Breaker deserved every award it was nominated for for and/or won.  I expect its companion, Drowned Cities, will be as good, if not better.  I am very, VERY anxiously Waiting On this one!

Publisher:  Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: May 1st, 2012
My Expected Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ++

What are you Waiting On?

**Don't forget to enter my AWESOME giveaway of an audio copy of the AMAZING All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin HERE!**

12 comments:

  1. OMG ALL THESE BOOKS D:
    Every single one of your choices is on my TBR list LOL. Damn, I really need to catch up on my reading :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing these Iron series books everywhere - going to have to give them a try myself, methinks!

    Here's my WWW Wednesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got A Long, Long Sleep and am loving the sound of it. Can't wait to start it.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh The Drowned Cities sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. I haven't heard of these books yet but they sound really good. I will definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I hope you like The iron Daughter!! I've read The Iron King, but haven't got around to the rest of the series soon. Heard amazing things, though!

    Have not read Shipbreaker yet, but I seriously think I might have to now after your gushing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, you have so many good books up there!

    A Long, Long Sleep is incredible. It completely took my breath away, but it wasn't quite what I expected (it was better) so I hope you love it as much as I did! <3

    I like the Iron Daughter, but I thought The Iron Queen & Iron Knight were far better and the best in the series :) Definitely read the whole series though, they're fabulous!

    I just ordered Name of the Star too, and I'm excited to read it. Let me know if you like it :)

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Ship Breaker. I should go ahead and read it. I have heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice list. I'm looking forward to reading most of these, especially THE NAME OF THE STAR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your review of Sweet Venom makes me want to read it even more; I'm glad there's none of that swooning and love triangle stuff. Here's to heroines who kick ass!

    Here's my WWW for the week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top books I wouldn't mind reading too. I don't think I've heard of the Drowned Cities series or the author. Thanks for stopping by!

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just finished Perfect this past week, too. I am always impressed by Ellen Hopkins, but this was not one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO