Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WWW (10) and Waiting on Wednesday (August 10th, 2011) Double Feature

W. W. W. Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading a great YA blog that I subscribe to. Here's how it works... Each Wednesday I will answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you'll read next?

My kids are back in school!  Yay!  My house is spotless, and my garage is cleaned and organized.  I still have lots to do in my yard and my basement is desperate for a good cleaning, but otherwise, I'm feeling free to read without a tremendous amount of guilt.   Yay Me!  I didn't do a IMM post this week because I didn't get anything new.  :(  Back-to-School is expensive, so I had to put my bookish needs on hold, but I'm reading some great stuff...

What are you currently reading?


The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis~ Currently revisiting my HS years for a challenge I am co-moderating on Goodreads.  If you're interested, join up HERE.


Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter~ Loved Heist Society, and so far, I'm loving this even more!


Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card~ This has been on my TBR forever... Too long.




Divergent by Veronica Roth~ Reading this to Emma and she is enthralled.  SO good!




What did you recently finish reading?


Fire by Kristin Cashore~ I adored it's companion, Graceling.  I though this was almost as good.  Much looking forward to Bitterblue, the third installment.


Flip by Martyn Bedford~ This got a lot of rave reviews, but I found it just okay.  Unique, no doubt, but I didn't find myself compelled to forgo responsibilities to read it.


Tighter by Adele Griffin~ An ending you will never see coming.  Oh, and don't read it late at night.  I didn't sleep that night...




What do you think you'll read next?


Choker by Elizabeth Woods~ This is about to be due at the library and I don't want to wait on the horrendous list again.  Such a pretty cover.


t.t.y.l. by Lauren Myracle~ My daughter wants to read this. LM, herself said 15+, but Emma won't stop pestering me as to why, so I'm going to read it and give her a sound and educated "NO!" (because apparently my telling her it tops ALA's "most challenged" list is not enough).
Bumped by Megan McCafferty~ I know, I know.  I should have read this by now.  I know I'm going to love it.






"Waiting On" Wednesday is another fun blog event. Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, this event gives us a chance to talk about the books we anxiously await the release of. Since there is ALWAYS a looooooong list of books I'm waiting on (I actually keep a spreadsheet), I figured this is one that I MUST do.

I believe this will be my first 2012 release, and I know it's going to be fantastic!  I was going to make it my WoW last time but the cover hadn't been revealed yet... I'm sure you will see a lot of this one, but I'm too excited for it to be different from everyone else!


Fever by Lauren DeStefano


Rhine and Gabriel have escaped the mansion, but danger is never far behind.

Running away brings Rhine and Gabriel right into a trap, in the form of a twisted carnival whose ringmistress keeps watch over a menagerie of girls. Just as Rhine uncovers what plans await her, her fortune turns again. With Gabriel at her side, Rhine travels through an environment as grim as the one she left a year ago - surroundings that mirror her own feelings of fear and hopelessness.

The two are determined to get to Manhattan, to relative safety with Rhine’s twin brother, Rowan. But the road there is long and perilous - and in a world where young women only live to age twenty and young men die at twenty-five, time is precious. Worse still, they can’t seem to elude Rhine’s father-in-law, Vaughn, who is determined to bring Rhine back to the mansion...by any means necessary.

In the sequel to Lauren DeStefano’s harrowing Wither, Rhine must decide if freedom is worth the price - now that she has more to lose than ever.

(Courtesy of Goodreads)

First off, look at that COVER!  I didn't think it could get better than the Wither Cover, but this is just stunning!  I loved Wither and am really, really, REALLY excited for this book's release.  I cannot wait to find out what happens to Rhine and Gabriel next. 

Publisher:  Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Publication Date:  February 21, 2012
My Expected Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★+

36 comments:

  1. super excited about fever too. but i still think the cover for wither is prettier.

    Check out our WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Wither, but I haven't had the time. I heard it's a great series though! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Wither yet, but I have heard good things about it! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!

    I have a copy of The Screwtape Letters for a few years now, but haven't gotten around to reading it. I must read it soon!

    I've read and reviewed Divergent and Matched. I'll stop back to see your reviews.

    And I cannot wait for Fever!

    Happy reading!

    Here’s my WWW Wednesday
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Wither on my TBR list right now. And I loved Graceling and Fire. I am anxiously awaiting Bitterblue.

    Looks like you have some great books.

    Here is my WWW Wednesday

    ~Krisitn @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely waiting on Fever too. However, I don't like this cover as much as the first one :(

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many awesome books mentioned in this post. I don't even know where to begin commenting LOL
    OK - I am waiting on Forever, too, but damn, the cover is just killing me! Why so much green? o_O I am sure it will tie down with the plot nicely, but at this point (having yet to read Wither - sitting on my shelf) I am not as excited as I was for the first part!

    You totally got me intrigued with what you said about Tighter! I am so going to read it as soon as I can! :) And Flip has a gorgeous cover - me loves!

    I can't wait to read your reviews of the books you recently finished -> :D

    And enjoy your next reads! BUMPED is on my wishlist, it sounds like one insanely good read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coll choice - I have yet to read Wither but I'm very excited about it, and Fever all the same!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amy @ Turn the Page

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the need to read Wither, sounds like great books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for this one to! the cover is even more beautiul than the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great WoW choice! I'm definitely interested in seeing how the story will progress in Fever. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for dropping by my blog! :)
    I was not the biggest fan of Wither -- I thought it was "okay" -- but I am also kind of excited for Fever ... I'm not sure why, haha, maybe it's the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait for this book!! I absolutely loved Wither, it was such an incredibly written novel. Both in plot, characterisation and the writing itself. Lauren DeStefano is amazingly talented. Can we have Fever early, please?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't managed to pick up Wither yet, but i can't wait till I do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right! The cover for Choker is lovely. I'd read it just based on that.

    New Follower. Stop by
    http://thenovelstudent.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by :)
    Unfortunately, I haven't read Wither yet, but I plan to someday!
    I must say, the cover of Fever is very unique..

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am extremely excited about the book, but I have to say Fever's cover turns me off somehow. Oh well, I adored Wither so much it doesn't even matter!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome pick! WITHER was one of my favorite books this year, so I'm super excited for FEVER!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by Pawing Through Books! I just bought Wither and can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really excited about this one as well. The covers of the books in the series are amazing....
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOSH, I'm so excited for Fever too! I absolutely LOVED Wither, and I agree with you one-hundred percent when you say that the covers for both are just gorgeous. :)

    Awesome pick for your WOW this week, Karis!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read the first book yet but I love the cover for Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, reading 4 books at 1 time? I can manage 3, but not 4! And read Bumped so I can convince myself to order if from the library!!!!

    And Fever is going to be amazing! I can't wait till it comes out! I kinda wish that the green was red or something not so blarging on the cover...but otherwise, love it!

    Louisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    I read the TTYL series a while ago, I don't know how old your daughter is, but I don't remember there being too much bad in it. I loved the series.

    I can't wait to read Bumped, I have to get it soon.

    Jess @ The Midnight Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm reading Divergent too! It is so good :)
    Abd TTYL is a cute and light read. I read it when I was, like, 13. But it is smart to keep it at 15+

    -BookBreather

    ReplyDelete
  26. I read t.t.y.l. last year and loved it. I don't know how old your daughter is so I can't say if it would be appropriate or not. However, t.t.y.l. is much cleaner than its sequels.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do love the cover of this book and the cover of Wither as well...but I didn't love Wither so much. I know a lot of people can't wait for the follow up though!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for sharing what you are waiting on! I adore the cover of Fever. I just haven't read Wither yet. :/
    Thanks for visiting my blog! :D

    x
    Sierra(:

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fever look saweeet! I still need to get my hands on Wither though... :[

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, oh, oh!!! I can't wait!! Great pick.
    Thanks for the visit :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't read Wither but everyone keep talking about it.I guess I'd better pick this one up.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Krazzyme@Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great pick! I haven't read the first, but I'll look into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a great pick! I've got Wither now and will be starting it soon, I'm really excited about that! I've heard so many good things about it.

    Also thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    <3
    Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great books you're reading! Also, great WoW pick. I enjoyed Wither a lot, & this cover is amazing also :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the cover of Fever, and Wither is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO