Saturday, May 28, 2011

Yay! It's Summer!! Yay!

It's been so busy around here.  End of school year stuff is finally behind us, as are the team parties, dance recitals, and orchestra concerts.  We still have All-Stars softball and swim team, but even with that, I feel myself starting to relax.  No more homework drama, tests to study for, baggie books (don't ask), or the stress of trying to cram dinner in, somewhere between school, homework, and practice.  I'm so relieved that summer is here.  I know I will be singing a different tune in 2 weeks, but...

I've been a total slacker when it comes to writing reviews the past couple of weeks. I've just had really good books going, and I wanted to spend the rare free moment reading.  Now that my schedule's lightened up some, you can expect a ridiculous number in the upcoming week (and now I have to do it because I wrote it). I plan to review L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad (I know you're on the edge of your seat for that, but it really wan't as bad as one would expect.), Disney After Dark by Ridley Pearson, Impulse by Ellen Hopkins, Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini, and Heist Society by Ally Carter. I should also probably finish The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell, My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison, and Abandon by Meg Cabot by the end of the week, so look for those in the near future.

The kids are out of school, and it is time for spending my days poolside with my laptop and a book or playing in my vegetable garden! I love summer! Happy Reading!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm out too. I know the feeling -- I'm getting ready for some relaxing (and house cleaning, unfortunately!) Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Summer! I love the picture, that's my summer for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO