Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines
1. Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore~ Hands down, the most kick-ass heroine EVER, and it's no coincidence that she hails from one of my favorite books ever. If I has to pick one book heroine to be, it would be her.
2. Celaena Sardothien from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas~ Celaena is new on the kick-ass heroine scene, since Throne of Glass is a 2012 debut, but she really made an impression on me. She rivals Katsa, which is HUGE. Loved the book, and much of that love had to do with her.
3. Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young~ Blood Red Road wasn't my favorite book. It was really excellent, but I had a few issues with it. That said, the protagonist, Saba, is one of the toughest, most kick-ass chicks to grace the pages of YA. The girl is brutal.
4. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins~ What kick-ass heroine list would be complete without her. Duh. She is one of the most kick-ass characters of all time, male or female!
5. Hermoine Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling~ Another duh. She kicks ass with her brains, which I love! A kick-ass role model for young girls! No one can deny Hermione!
6. Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth~ Tris is so kick-ass that there were times I wondered if she even had any emotions. She is such a guy when it comes to kicking ass, which in my mind, is a good thing.
7. Kali from Every Other Day by Jenny Lynn Barnes~ Kali's fought off and eradicated all kinds of ridiculously scary paranormal creatures. She is a predator of such dangerous things, and she rocks. I think Every Other Day was one of the most underrated books of 2011. I'm so bummed it was a stand-alone, because I could totally do with more kick-ass Kali.
8 and 9. Clary and Izzy from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare~ These girls kick-ass in very different ways. They are both great Shadowhunters, and are able to fight, but their methods differ quite a bit. Even so, these girls rock!
10. Sophie Mercer from the Hex Hall trilogy by Rachel Hawkins~ Sophie is a total reluctant kick-ass heroine, but through the series, as she becomes more and more comfortable with her kick-assedness, she really comes into her own. Also, she is really funny while she's kicking ass.
11. Scarlett from Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce~ The girl is amazing. The way she takes down those nasty fenris with a HATCHET? The girl rules! Her sister Rosie is pretty kick-ass too, but she doesn't hold a candle to Scarlett...
12. Calla from the Nightshade trilogy by Andrea Cremer~ Wolfgirl can fight! I was very pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed this series, and Calla was one of the most influential characters in forming my positive opinion. Smart, principled, and kick-ass! Love her!
13. Anna from Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake~ She is one of the only villain/heroines I can think of, and I just loved her. In fact,I couldn't love the sequel, Girl of Nightmares, as much because there just wasn't enough Anna!
So, as you can see, even when going back only the past couple of years, I couldn't narrow it down to just ten, but I came close. Do you agree? Did I miss anyone? Let me know, and don't forget to leave a link to your Top Ten!
** Don't miss my GIVEAWAY of THE DIVINERS by Libba Bray as part of the Spooktacular Giveaway Hop! Click HERE for details! International. Ends 11/01/2012 **