Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WWW (35) and Waiting On Wednesday (March 7th, 2013): Antigoddess by Kendare Blake

W. W. W. Wednesday is hosted by Should Be Reading a great blog that I subscribe to. Here's how it works... Each Wednesday I will answer the following questions:

What are you currently reading?

What did you recently finish reading?

What do you think you'll read next?


So, this is the first WWW/WoW I've done since going back to work for the first time in 11 years because I am FINALLY learning to manage my time!  I've not had as much time for reading, and even less for blogging, but I think I'm beginning to catch up...

What are you currently reading?


Fuse by Julianna Baggott~ I totally loved Pure, the first book in this trilogy (read my full review HERE), but I'm having a difficult time getting into this one.  I'm kind of on a hiatus from it right now, so I can read something else...


Spellcaster by Claudia Gray~  I just started this one, and am already really liking it.  I love stories about witches, and this one is quite different from the standard fare.  Look for a review early next week.


The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, Book #1) by Chris Colfer~  So, who knew Kurt from Glee could write?  I'm reading this one to my eight year old daughter, and really loving it!




What did you recently finish reading?


Notes From Ghost Town by Kate Ellison~  LOVED this one!  I wasn't all that impressed with Kate Ellison's debut, The Butterfly Clues, but I thought her second go was amazing!  Read my full review HERE.


Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons~ I really enjoyed this one too.  I finally read Article 5 in preparation of reading this, and thought it was great.  Breaking Point was a fantastic second installment.  Read my review HERE.



What do you think you'll read next?


Mind Games by Kiersten White~  I'm kind of behind on my review reading, and this is one of the books that I am dying to read.  It looks fabulous, and I've heard wonderful things about it from other bloggers.


Dear Life, You Suck by Scott Blagden~ Another one I'm looking forward to.  Scott's a funny, funny guy, and I am super excited to read and review his debut!






"Waiting On" Wednesday is another fun blog event. Hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, this event gives us a chance to talk about the books we anxiously await the release of. Since there is ALWAYS a looooooong list of books I'm waiting on (I actually keep a spreadsheet), I figured this is one that I MUST do.

I haven't done one of these in ages, but I really wanted to profess my love and excitement for this upcoming book.  I had the honor of introducing this wonderful author at the Decatur Book Festival this past summer, and she was just great (very gracious about my fangirling).  I loved her first two books, Anna Dressed In Blood (read my review HERE) and Girl of Nightmares (read my review HERE), so it only stands to reason that I would be looking forward to her next book...




Antigoddess by Kendare Blake


Old Gods never die…

Or so Athena thought. But then the feathers started sprouting beneath her skin, invading her lungs like a strange cancer, and Hermes showed up with a fever eating away his flesh. So much for living a quiet eternity in perpetual health.


Desperately seeking the cause of their slow, miserable deaths, Athena and Hermes travel the world, gathering allies and discovering enemies both new and old. Their search leads them to Cassandra—an ordinary girl who was once an extraordinary prophetess, protected and loved by a god.


These days, Cassandra doesn’t involve herself in the business of gods—in fact, she doesn’t even know they exist. But she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.


Because Hera, the queen of the gods, has aligned herself with other of the ancient Olympians, who are killing off rivals in an attempt to prolong their own lives. But these anti-gods have become corrupted in their desperation to survive, horrific caricatures of their former glory. Athena will need every advantage she can get, because immortals don’t just flicker out.


Every one of them dies in their own way. Some choke on feathers. Others become monsters. All of them rage against their last breath.


The Goddess War is about to begin.
(Courtesy of Goodreads)


Publisher:  TorTeen
Publication Date:  September 10th, 2013
My Expected Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  

What are YOU Waiting On?


9 comments:

  1. I must confess I don't know most of these books. That's what's so good about this meme. You can find mine at: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheers
    Gwynneth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt from Glee!?! As you say, who would have thought! Interesting books. I hope you enjoy them all. I think I might try Spellcaster. I'm in the mood for some witches. You can find my WWW here: http://gwynnethwhite.blogspot.com/
    cheers
    Gwynneth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose Antigoddess as my WOW last year, i can't wait since I love Kendare Blake already and the mythology aspect just makes me even more excited!

    New follower :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just don't believe this! Such an awesome pick! I want to read it! Now is on my TBR list... The plot sounds so good and the cover is amazing. Great pick again! Is worth repeating! My expected rating is just like yours. :)
    P.S: Nice blog here! I'm looking around and I like what I see especially the reviews and everything. I'm gonna follow you from now on. I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Antigoddess sounds amazing. Loved Anna Dressed in Blood. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. This just blew me away. I love books with mythology! Win!

    My WOW

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely want to read Antigoddess - anything with a Greek mythology basis will pique my interest! And I've heard great things about Kendare Blake, though I'll find out soon enough for myself as I'm starting Anna Dressed in Blood right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AHH I am SO EXCITED for this one. I found it a while ago and well.. I am sad I am going to have to wait till further in the year for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this W.W.W. meme...thanks for enlightening me to it! Those are all questions I can definitely answer! :)

    I found your blog through an old post on the Blogger Lift group on Goodreads. At the time you were trying to start a Before the Blog meme; did that ever work and do you still do it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO