Monday, February 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite Characters In the Fantasy Genre


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new Top Ten list topic is posted and book bloggers fill in their own choices. I'm a list girl (as in, I don't function without them), so I thought this would be a good choice for me!  This week's topic was "Top Ten Characters In X Genre".  I picked Fantasy for a couple of reasons.  First, I don't read a ton of fantasy, so it would easier to narrow my favorites down to ten, and second, some of the greatest characters ever imagined come from the genre.  So, here they are...

YA Litwit's Top Ten Favorite Fantasy Characters

1.  Harry Potter~ I adore the Harry Potter books, and I loved being along as Harry grew from this young boy, to the kick-ass man he became.  Harry Potter is not only my favorite Fantasy character, he is one of my all-time favorite characters of ANY genre.

2.  Sirius Black from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~  I think Sirius is one sexy wizard!  I adored him as a character and role model for Harry.  I just wish his time with the series had been longer.  I missed Sirius in the final books.  :-(

3.  Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore~  Katsa is my favorite kick-ass female character ever.  She is who I would aspire to be if I lived in a fantasy realm.  So powerful, but also principled, and super-smart.  She doesn't need anyone to protect her or take care of her, but she allows it because of love.

4.  The Darkling from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo~ Wow!  I'm not sure I've ever been so hot for a fictional character, especially a villain, but that Darkling...  Oh wow!  I sincerely hope we see a lot more of him in future books.


5.  Hatter Madigan from The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor~  Another sexy fantasy guy.  I imagine that if a movie were to made of this series, that Jude Law would play Hatter, and let me tell you, I LOVE Jude Law.  Hatter Madigan isn't only sexy though, he is totally kick-ass too!

6.  Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling~ So I really wanted to mention Hermione higher up, but I thought it was weird to make this list about my love for Harry Potter.  I love Hermione because she reminds me a bit of me as a girl.  I too was a kind of a know-it-all (because I did), and was awkward tuned pretty.  Hermione is so relatable.

7.  Celaena from Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas~  Talk about kick-ass!  This girl is the most notorious assassin in the world.  She's so notorious that people would never even suspect she's a girl.  I loved her, and can't wait for more!


8.  Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor~ Karou is one of those characters that it is impossible to find fault with.  She just manages to handle everything thrown at her with a sort of grace.  Now, I haven't read Days of Blood & Starlight yet, so I don't know if things stay that way, but from what I know of her, I love her!

9.  Avry from Touch of Power and Scent of Magic~ Another kick-ass girl who I think rules.  This girl puts her life on the line regularly to heal others.  She is such a noble person, but she also knows how to use her brain, and she knows how to fight if she needs to.

10.  Miri from Princess Academy and Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale~ I loved both of these books and Miri had everything to do with that.  She was smart, independent, and resourceful.  She knew she could have a life that any girl would dream about, but she chose instead to help those in her village, and surrounding areas have a better life.


So this is my list.  What genre did you choose?  If you chose Fantasy, did we share any?  Do you think I forgot anyone?



1 comment:

  1. Sirius is my very favorite Harry Potter character. You can pretty much tell how much I liked a character in the series by whether they died. My top three all bit the dust. *whines*

    Actually, I love all of these characters on the list, including the Darkling. I usually don't root for the bad guy, but, umm, yes. That scene with him and Alina was freaking hot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I adore comments since they make me feel special and loved, just please don't spam me. I'm not interested in vacation offers, millions of dollars from Nigeria, or anything not book related!

Also, this is an award-free blog. As flattered as I am, I just don't have time. I'm happy if I have time to post all of my reviews on time, and am a momma of three to boot, but I appreciate the thoughts! XO